13. Release Notes¶
13.1. GraphSpace 2.0¶
- We have added features in the layout editor that allow a user to select nodes and edges based on color and shape in order to edit their visual properties. This functionality is available in conjunction with the features that allowed a user to arrange the positions of the nodes in a variety of shapes.
- We have brought the JSON format accepted by GraphSpace in line with Cytoscape.js (this JSON format is also compatible with Cytoscape).
- We separate the structure of the network (nodes and edges) from the description of the visual styles of the nodes and edges.
- Cytoscape.js supports a network-level
datasection in the JSON file specifying the network structure. We allow users to include network-specific attributes in this section, e.g.,
- Cytoscape.js supports a
datasection within each node. Currently, GraphSpace recognizes an attribute called \aliases” in this section, through which the network creator can specify a list of aliases for the node.
- GraphSpace now supports CSS-based Cytoscape.js JSON files for specifying the style of the graph. GraphSpace users can import these files either in the
Uploadsection or the
- We have deprecated support for the JSON format supported only by GraphSpace.
- We have streamlined the search interface and made it more efficient. We have added support to search for networks that match a specific attribute (key-value pair) in addition to nodes. The search also includes the \aliases” attribute of nodes. We have disabled support for
Exactsearches: GraphSpace now supports only case-insensitive and substring searches.
- Concomitant with these changes, we now allow Cytoscape users to export their visually-coded networks from Cytoscape and to import them directly into GraphSpace.
- We have added support to allow a group owner to invite another person to a group via a signup link.
- To facilitate bulk uploads of networks to GraphSpace, we have implemented the Graphspace python module that a user can install from PyPI.
13.2. GraphSpace 1.1¶
13.2.1. Bug Fixes¶
- Fixed bug reported when trying to use the Forgot Password functionality.